By now, many of you have likely seen photos of fitness lovers using their heart rate monitors to track their workouts. I'd been eying a Polar heart rate monitor since early 2012, and a few months ago, I finally bought one of my own.
After researching a number of their different models, I found a killer deal on an FT7.
What I love about it:
- The chest strap is comfortable. I don't even notice when I have it on. (If I'm wearing a tight shirt, though, you can sometimes see it through the shirt.)
- I chose black, which makes it go with most anything I wear. Even if I'm not hitting the gym, I will sometimes wear it around.
- It has different screen shots I can easily toggle between. (Heart rate, calories burned, target zone indicator [which graphically shows where your heart rate has been during your workout], and a duration/time of day screen.)
- It's water resistant up to 30m, which means I can sport it during a paddleboarding or snorkel sesh.
- It logs up 99 of the last workouts so I can easily go back and reference them.
- The battery is replaceable.
The Polar FT7 has easily become my favorite fitness gadget. I make sure to have it with me always. It's become almost like an extra motivation for me, too, because when I look down and see I've burned 350 calories, I think to myself, "I can push myself just a little longer and hit 400." I wear it for all my workouts at the gym, on jogs, and on hikes.
My love for my Polar has even rubbed off. After bragging to hubs about how many calories I've been burning on different hikes we've been doing, he decided he wanted one of his own, so we're going to be a Polar couple in a week or so, once his arrives!
I'd recommend Polar, for anyone looking for a heart rate monitor to help track their fitness and workout goals. I've only ever had one other heart rate monitor, and it was only a wrist unit. I feel like Polar is far more accurate and, so far, I'm very happy with my purchase! If you have any questions about the Polar HRM I use, let me know. I'm happy to answer!
What's your favorite fitness gadget?
Note: All the opinions are my own. Polar did not compensate me in any way to write this post.